How to Stop and Take Down Debt Collection Call Centers with Just Your iPhone
The ‘Wollenberg Attack‘ is a simple iPhone based conference call attack on annoying debt collector and telemarketer calls. I came up with this revenge tool after receiving many repetitive annoying calls from debt collectors. I image you can apply the same principals to any modern telephone with conference call capabilities.
The problem – You receive multiple calls over and over from the same call center.
The solution – Call them all back, only this time we are going to call them back all at once!
The Wollenberg Attack:
We are going to tie up 4-12 Call Center employees at a time, for as long as you like. This will certainly be noticed by the debt collection company management. After we hold their expensive call center hostage with just your cell phone, we will demand they lose the number. If we are threatened with legal action, we will remind them that they called us, and that we are just calling them back (just all at once :> ).
1. Answer a phone call from a collections call center, and demand that they stop calling you, then hang up. This puts the # in your Recents list on your iPhone.
2. Dial the # back. (it is important not to mute the line, just don’t say anything)
3. When the call gets answered, hit the ‘add call‘ button on your iPhone
4. Click on ‘Recents‘, and dial back the SAME # in step 2.
5. When that call answers, hit ‘merge calls‘ on your iPhone
6. Now repeat steps 2-5 until you have several calls conferenced together.
I like to get about 5 or 6 agents on the phone, screaming at each other. Some will hang up, i just keep calling back and adding more conference calls to the same number. At some point the agents will figure out that something fishy is going on. Try VERY HARD not to bust out laughing.
After about 10-15 minutes of tying up their employees, I usually chime in and say something like
“TELL YOUR SUPERVISOR I WILL TIE UP ALL OF HIS EMPLOYEES FOR AS LONG AS I WISH, AND WILL DO SO EVERYTIME YOU CALL ME. TELL YOUR SUPERVISOR TO STOP CALLING THIS PHONE NUMBER. ITS NOT COST EFFECTIVE ANYMORE!”
and then hang up, and try not to die laughing….